Tuesday 16 April 2013

Paper Wishing Star Clusters

This is more of an idea than a tutorial, I wanted to make lots of tiny wishing stars, as they are simple and fun. I considered filling up a jar full of them but then this idea threw itself at me. For this project I used tiger tail wire, we bought loads last year accidently and couldn't think of a good use as it doesn't hold it's shape like jewellery wire and is probably best used to string beads on. I made the stars out of shiny gold wrapping paper (using my guillotine to cut into strips.) I kept my lengths of wire nice and varied and simply added a dab of hot glue to one end which was then gently inserted into one of the seams on the stars and repeated until all my stars hung from individual strands. I then took a bundle of about seven and glued them together at the very base (I encased the raw and somewhat spikey edges in a bead and hot glued it in place) the result you see here is three clusters of seven. They fall prettily and reflect light very nicely.

I have not included a tutorial for the wishing stars as Google have plenty of result if you search "origami wishing star"



´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..Luna..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.

No comments:

Post a Comment